The Naperville Sprint Triathlon is Sunday, August 4, 2013.
- Location: Centennial Beach – 500 W. Jackson Ave. in Naperville
- Start Time: 7am
- Finish Line: There is a new finish line location due to run and bike course changes
- Race packet pickup: At Naperville Running Company (34 W. Jefferson in Naperville) – Friday, August 2 from 12:30 to 7pm and Saturday, August 3 from 10:30am to 5pm
- Race Distance: 400 meter swim/ 22 kilometer bike/ 5 kilometer run
- Is There An After Party: hecks yeah!
- As of July 31st, online registration is closed
- You may still register in person at Naperville Running Company (34 W. Jefferson in Naperville) on Friday, August 2 from 12:30 to 7pm and Saturday, August 3 from 10:30am to 3pm
- Registration fee is $115 for an individual and $150 for a relay entry
- (update as of 7/31 – there are still roughly 150 open slots available, so go ahead and register in person)
Important Race Day Times
- 5am – Bike check-in transition area opens
- 6:45am – Transition area closes
- 7am – Race starts
- 11am – Awards ceremony
- 12/noon – Bikes must be removed from transition area
Swim: The swim course takes place at Centennial Beach. Enter through the sand beach area and complete the course via the lane markers.
Bike: The 20K bike course is a double loop and is different from years past due to ongoing construction. The new course will take athletes out West Jackson Street to Eagle where they will make a right hand turn. Athletes will ride down Aurora Avenue and make a u-turn just before South River Road. Once the u-turn is made athletes will take Aurora Avenue back to West Street where they will turn right on West Street and follow West Street to Rickert Drive. At Rickert Drive cyclist will make another u-turn to the left and head back up West Street to West Hillside Road where a right turn is made. Athletes will ride on West Hillside Road and than turn left onto South Webster Street before turning left back onto Aurora Avenue. At the intersection of South Eagle Street and Aurora Avenue athletes will either begin lap two of this double loop bike course or turn right for the short trip back to the transition area.
Run: The 5K run is an “out and back” format. Like with the bikes, the run course is slightly different from last year. Runners will leave the transition area and run through the parking lot at Centennial Beach before turning right past the Naperville VFW Hall to West Jackson Street. Runners will turn left onto West Jackson Street where they will enter the pedestrian path that will lead them to W. Jefferson Avenue. Once on West Jefferson Avenue runners will look for directional signage that will direct you to S. River Road. Athletes will turn left and left again onto Berry Drive where a small loop of the neighborhood will be made before runners turn right back onto S River Road and head back to the park and the finish line. (Note: Runners heading towards to the finish line will be running in the opposite direction through Centennial Beach Park as in previous years events)
- There is not a course map included in the race packet, so make sure you understand the routes via the maps posted above.
- Get the lowdown on everything you need to know for the race by attending an in-person training session. Located at Centennial Beach parking lot
- Friday, Aug 2, 2013 at 2:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M.
- Saturday, Aug 3, 2013 at 11:00 A.M., 1:30 P.M., 4:00 P.M.
- ChampionChip electronic timing will be used. The chip will be in your race packet.
- No headphones, ipods, or audio devices are allowed on the race course.
- You must bring a photo ID to pick up your race packet and obtain your race wrist band.
Good luck to all the racers!!